Thursday, December 2, 2010

food review: KFC double down

I've been planning to eat this since I first saw it at yahoo news(that was way way before). God heard me and it's finally here at the Philippines. OMG. At the first week, I hadn't tried it because it was already sold out in some stores (BOOO) so I thought maybe it was that fact: bacon, mayo, cheese, sandwiched in 2 originally seasoned chicken fillet that made double down a demand >__< (after all, who doesn't love bacon?)

It really seems appetizing in the advertising
I was really really hype by this! until that day came (which is today), I had a chance to try it.
My friend Miggy told me that it wasn't that good and satisfying, I wouldn't like to make any comments about it beacause I havn't really tried it yet. SO, as I was saying, today is the day, I haven't eaten my 3:00pm snack so I would really be hungry when I am going to try this for dinner (they say it was a heavy meal). I went to the KFC banawe branch and ordered my double down sandwich. The gay cashier said I have to wait for 15 minutes (OMG the anticipation PLUS I was hungry) I was looking at the clock when they say 15 mins. the cashier even told me to wait a little while....

then after 15 mins or so, it came right into my table. ( I never told the cashier, I was having it for take-out)

 
COME TO MAMA (this is what it looks like)
SPECS:
HOT: because it was made-to-order for me ( it's 9:00pm)
SIZE: same size as my celphone
THICKNESS: I was surprise that the chicken is not really thick, in fact it's really thin like a fillet, it doesn't look anything like the poster above, others think that the whole package is small.
PRICE: I bought it with a regular ice tea 115, I didn't think this was fairly price for college students, for a working gal like me, it's ok.

I took a pic then seconds after that I sunk my teeth with it and here comes the final spec.

TASTE:  HONESTLY I WAS DISAPPOINTED :(

Sorry guys, but I think it's a FAIL for me, it's really oily and salty ( I don't know how I lived after eating this),
the mayo was too much (I had to remove some), the combination of flavours isn't what I would have expected, I mean, I love cheese, I love bacon, I love kfc chicken, not so much on mayo, but the whole thing..nah..
It's filling, but right after eating it, had this regret. I feel like I should have ordered a two piece chicken rather that the double down.

or

I should have eaten keema and rice at mr. kabab.

It barely made my expectations and confirmed miggy's statement: Double down is all hype and no bite.
Maybe KFC should try making cordon bleu or chicken kiev haha >__<

4 comments:

  1. eto naman parang hindi ka taga-advertising hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had the same review... sadly, double down is not satisfying as they.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ banana: syempre nag expect talaga ako hahahaha! tagal ko na hinintay yung double down hahaha sabi ni dan, i try ko daw with kanin! (gluttony!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ lizz: yeah I'm disappointed >__< my friend told me that I have to try it in another branch baka mag iba daw yung taste, preparation plays a big part daw :) hahaha

    ReplyDelete