Thursday, December 16, 2010

TRAP

hello again world, I'm STUCK. I have fallen to a trap with my job/career. I feel stupid because I apparently told myself (this year) not to fall again in this kind of situation. How you may ask, is a never-ending question we ask ourselves when we have already fell into it.

Presenting THE TRAP (this may or may not be applied to you, my dear reader)

1. PRESSURE.
You have just graduated from college or just got out from your old job. You live at your parents house your mom constantly asking you " when are you getting work?" or " when are you going to help me pay the bills?", or you have friends with great jobs (they fall on step2 ) they show you things that are bought from their salaries...etc AND you my friend, is finally starting to fall into the trap.

You will find work, a stable job. Perhaps, you will find what you think that is OK for you and your future.

2. LOVE
Congratulations! you have found a stable job. Yey! happy happy happy.
You are hyped because you made it to your first month, you earned from your salary and you just bought a new cellphone. You told yourself that you could do this forever as long as the salary kept on coming. You fell in love with your job.

many will linger on this stage because they will feel secure and it pays the bills...etc

3. BURN OUT 
You fell into this when all of sudden you fell out of love, maybe you just had a memo or your boss sucked,
or you didn't have a bonus during christmas, or work is being repetitive... (those factors) and  in the end, you felt like the salary that was given to you wasn't enough anymore. the bigger the salary, the bigger the wants.All of a sudden you became lazy at work because you are not enjoying it. You felt like there was no growth and eventually you...

4. RESIGN
That's it you were fed up. You resigned, quit, AWOL...etc because you couldn't take it anymore.
You said to yourself, you're going to change for the next job or probably take a better paying job...

And then before you know it your back at no. 1 all over again.

I'm currently on step 3, my third time on step 3 and I feel stupid not to have seen the trap before hand.
the only way to get out of the trap is don't follow the trap. change the trap so you don't fall for it.

LABO. but it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment