Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Make Up School :)

YAY! finally I've enrolled in a make up school~
Jo barba Make Up School and Studio! yay!

In case you don't know Jo Barba, She is a pioneer in the make up industry in the Wedding Category. She is also a make up artist to the stars. She's even considered as an Honorary Member at UMAP (United Make-Up Artists of  the Philippines).

Ms. Jo. No. she's not the blonde girl :)


My school is not so popular yet, because we are the first students of their program. It was only opened this February 2013.

I chose this school because of these reasons:
1.) it is near our house
2.) teachers came from the original MAQUILLAGE PROFESSIONEL w/c formerly is handled by Make up forever. (MUFE already closed down here in the Philippines, and their supported school maquillage is not anymore connected to MUFE, well that's what I heard)
3.) make up is provided by the school (we use cinema secrets)
4.) we have 2 teachers alternating to teach us, they both work with big stars on screen so they are giving us their trade secrets <3
5.)  It's has the smallest student-teacher ratio 1 teacher, 5 students
6.)  IT IS NEAR OUR HOUSE!! (I really can't believe it)

It's located in the heart of Quezon City, near the original PARES house in SN Amoranto or RETIRO

I enrolled for a Module 1 course. This course is for those who wants to be a Make Up Artist and do it as a career in the future.

It is actually for 12 sessions, but compress to 6 sessions (meaning we have 2 topics to cover per session)
yey make up and my classmates
As of now, I'm in the 4th session, meaning that I've already tackled 8 topics.
Tuition already includes make-up (MUFE style). So we only have to bring our brushes (luckily I have plenty!)

I'll post a different blog on my before and afters :)
But I'll post pics of the school so you guys can get an idea  :D

 It's very nice and clean!  upstairs is the school

the school 

Ms. Jo's studio

outside ( the ube/leche flan is also yummy, if you wanna try) 
I know the question in your mind will be natuto ka ba? (did you learn anything)
I can say I'm only at the 4th session on my course and I already feel satisfied, I've learned a lot. Before what I did with make-up was chamba-chamba lang (my own discretion of what I know) . Now I'm much more confident with what I do for my clients. To put into perspective, pak na pak na ang funda! at kaya kong ng kumabog ng eyeshadow. haha! 

ok post ko na yung DAY 1 and 2 ko...


my day 1 was a so-so, but my day 2 was much better :D
more before and afters to come, so stay tune for my blogs!

if you wanna contact jo barba make up school please inquire here:
https://www.facebook.com/Jobarbastudio?fref=ts



No comments:

Post a Comment